Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18: January 18, 2012

I asked the kids to clean up the kitchen after supper.

I then made the mistake of leaving the room, assuming they knew how to clean up the kitchen.

I was wrong.

Here's what I found... after they assured me they had finished the chore:

This picture doesn't include the overflowing bag of garbage no one thought should be taken out.

In their defense, the table was cleaned off. Maybe I didn't say "clean the kitchen".. maybe I said "clear the table".

In which case, they actually did what they were told.

However, I'm pretty sure I didn't say that.

What's sad, is you'd think four people could do this job in about five minutes flat.

But that would require working together, something my kids apparently don't know how to do.

I loaded the dishwasher, washed the pans by hand, swept the floor and wiped down the tables and counters by myself in less than 15 minutes.

I timed myself, just to prove a point.

My next mistake was cleaning the kitchen while the little girls were in the bathtub.

So my victory in the kitchen quickly turned to defeat in the bathroom, as I mopped up a gallon of water that mysteriously spashed out of the tub and onto the floor.

A mother's work is truly never done.

I wonder what they've managed to destory while I've been writing this?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment