Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 15: January 15, 2012

My file titled "Crap I Do For My Kids" is getting full.

The latest addition to that folder: these cake pops.

I dropped Lexi off for basketball practice just before 4:00 this afternoon. She had asked me to make brownies for a sleepover with her team tonight.

As I was driving home, I thought about making cake pops instead and was mentally going through my cupboards, making sure I had everything I'd need.

When I got home, I checked my phone, only to find a text from Lexi that read: "They want u 2 make cake pops 4 the party."

"They" would be her teammates.

How could I say no to that?

So... I whipped these up in record time,while also making supper and finishing up the laundry.

I'm obviously insane.

In her defense, Lexi helped.

A little. She cut the sticks and took over the sprinkling job from Lizzy.

Did you notice the sprinkles?

Hearts, stars and butterflies.

All Lizzy.

But.... the smile on Lexi's face, and her friend's face when she came to pick her up, made it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment