Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Challenge

I've been reading a lot about the "365 Challenge" and I must admit, I'm intrigued. But I'm not sure I'm ready for strangers to criticize and critique my pictures, and my life.

So instead of joining one of the sites, I will document my project here. And yes, I meant to type "366 Project" in the title.. there are 366 days in 2012!

Here's the challenge: Take a photo every day. Every. Single. Day. The photos can be of anything: kids, pets, events, objects, places. Anything.

My idea is to take a picture each day that represents my life that day.

On a Monday, that could be a picture of the blue building where Lizzy goes to speech.

On a Saturday, it could be a picture of the bleachers where I will sit for hours, watching my kids play ball.

On a Tuesday, it could be a coffee cup as I enjoy a cup of coffee with a friend on BOGO day.

I hope this project will help me appreciate the little things that are my life.

I already take a lot of pictures, and I think I do a pretty good job of documenting my kids' lives. But I don't do a very good job of documenting my life. I hope to do that this year.

And I also kind of hope it will make me a better photographer. I don't want to be a professional, I just want to take great, creative pictures that help me remember 2012.

I'd love your feedback.. as long as it's positive! Just kidding... all comments are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment