Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 94: April 3, 2012

I had some really great pictures today.

But then my memory card broke.

Yep.

Broke.

In half.

I have no idea how.

Anyway, the pictures from today won't show up (although all the other ones will.. so weird). So, you won't get to see a picture of Lexi's first track meet today, or of the little girls being terrors at Lexi's first track meet.

However.. for some reason, I did take a picture on my cell phone today... and, by default, it is now my picture of the day!


Now, the story behind the picture:

As I mentioned, the little girls were complete terrors at Lexi's track meet today. In their defense, it was an indoor track meet, it was beautiful outside, there was nowhere to really sit, it was hot in there, and we waited a very long time for Lexi's event.

All of this, led me to do something I never do.

I let them pick what they wanted from the concession stand (not really a concession stand...it was more like a fast food joint on the campus of the University of Mary).

I was quickly reminded why I never let them choose what they want: six chicken strips, fries and an apple juice cost me $9.92!

Ouch.

But, I have to admit, I would do it again - $9.92 bought them supper, and me a few minutes of rest... I spent the rest of the three hour track meet chasing them...aside from the time they visited with our old neighbor and ate m&m's another old friend bought them (I am so going to get you back for all that sugar, Darren!)

No comments:

Post a Comment