Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 111: April 20, 2012

You know you're getting old, and your life is way too busy, when spending a Friday night painting with a good friend sounds like a blast..and actually turns out to be the best part of the day!


I've been wanting to paint the kitchen for awhile, and for some reason decided I was going to do it tonight. So after sending Brad and Jake off to Boy Scout camp, the girls and I went paint shopping.


I started painting about about 8:30 this evening.


My long-lost BFF who lives a whole three blocks away came to help me a short time later.


We were painting fools. We rocked the paint, gossiped, drank, and had the best time.


Six hours later, my kitchen is freshly painted.


I really wanted to change it up and pick some new colors, but I accidentally bought the wrong color, and ended up with pretty much the same colors as before, just in a semi-gloss instead of a flat finish.


No biggie - I really liked the colors the previous owners had chosen for the kitchen.. and now my kitchen just looks clean!


But even better than the clean-looking kitchen, was the quality time I got to spend with my dear friend Jamie. I've considered her one of my closest friends for about 13 years, but we are both busy with work and our families, so we don't get to see each other much anymore, even though our houses are only three blocks apart.


And, for the record, we are amazing painters - at least we thought so at 2am and after having a few drinks.


I'm anxious to see how good it looks in the daylight!


If it doesn't look good, I'll "just hang a picture there"!



1 comment: