Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 109: April 18, 2012

Tomorrow, I will be the mother of a teenager.


I am tempted to get all sappy about how old I'm getting, how it feels like just last week I was changing her diaper, and how her first day of kindergarten feels like it was just yesterday - but I won't.


I'll save the sappy stuff for another day.


I do have to go on the record and say that I am extremely proud of the beautiful, thoughtful, caring, funny, and talented young lady my Lexi is growing up to be. She has been such a joy, and such a wonderful daughter to raise. I pray that continues, as we hit the teen years.


Meantime, it's time to think about cake!


For the past three years, Lexi has requested this cake:
It's nothing fancy - just a white cake mix with a carton of strawberry yogurt mixed in, frosting from a can and strawberries.


But it is delicious.


And the strawberries totally justify eating cake for breakfast - it's fruit - perfect any time of day!


If you'd like to make this yummy cake, click here for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment