Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 59: February 28, 2012

In 2012 I vowed to be more organized and more financially responsible.

For me, menu planning is the first step toward accomplishing both of those goals.

This our menu board:


It's nothing fancy - just a piece of a chalkwall from  Uppercase Living on a picture frame. Every Sunday I plan out our evening meals for the week, based on the ingredients we have on hand. It's helped me be smarter at the grocery store (I try to only go grocery shopping once every two weeks), and add a little variety too. Pre-planning means we no longer eat the same four meals every single week!

But there's another benefit of this menu board, one I just discovered tonight. I had to work late, and when I got home, Brad has supper ready... he read the menu and took it upon himself to cook supper.

There's no way I want to work until 6:00 every night, but I could get used to someone else doing the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment