Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 57: February 26, 2012

Today was a very long day of basketball.

Lexi's team went to Minot (last night, to beat the storm) to play a three game tourney today. But because of the storm, a few other teams didn't make it. So the Sparks played in the 7th grade division and the 8th grade division.

It was a great experience. The girls did awesome - and gave two 8th grade teams a run for their money (lost one game by 7, and the other by 2 in overtime). What a confidence builder!

It also meant back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back games. Really. These girls played from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm with no break, then again from 1:00 until 3:00.

It makes me tired just thinking about it.

But it was a super fun tournament, and while I missed two of Jake's games (I'm really, really feeling bad about that.. sounds like they were good games.. a huge win and a nail-biter) and I missed the little girls and Brad like crazy (I can't remember the last time I was gone overnight without them), it was kind of fun to watch Lexi play, without also keeping the little girls from running onto the court to join the game!

I even got to move around and take some different, closer pictures. Here is one of my favorites:


This was a pretty intense time out, with 5.8 seconds left in overtime. Our team lost, but winning isn't everything!

I honestly mean that.

The lessons that these girls are learning on the court will help them long after they've hung up their basketball shoes.

Teamwork.

Dedication.

Hard work.

Really, lessons that will help them in all aspects of their lives.

These girls are going to do great things one day, on and off the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment