Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 150: May 29, 2012





570.1.


That's how many miles I drove today.


From Bismarck to Grand Forks, and back.


I'm exhausted.


But, all those miles gave me lots of time to think.


Because I know you all secretly wish you could read my mind (duh, why else are you reading this?!?!), here are a few of my random thoughts while driving:



  • Only in North Dakota can you need sunglasses and windshield wipers at the same time. This happened to me several times while driving home this evening.
  • I love the signs near Fargo that read "Be Nice." "Be Polite". And "Have a Nice Day." Love them.
  • I also love Caribou Coffee. It's one of my four must-stops every time I go to or through Fargo (the others are Gordmans, Michaels, and Old Navy.. non of which I stopped at today.) I especially love the slogan on their cups: "Life is short. Stay awake for it."
  • Radio makes me smile, and most songs (especially those on "oldies" stations, you know like from the 80s and 90s) bring back tons of memories. Some of my favorites I heard today include: "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston, Rod Stewart's "Forever Young" (even though I'm not a Rod Stewart fan) and "Old Time Rock and Roll." Each song made me think of an old friend and reminded me to text, email, or call them, just to say hi (I'm tired, so that will have to go on tomorrow's to-do list).
  • North Dakota sunsets are gorgeous. I've seen a lot of them lately, as I always seem to be driving somewhere and they are all absolutely breath taking. I'm happy to live here.
  • My kids really love me. When I walked in tonight, after being gone for only about 15 hours, Jake, Lizzy and Morgan all jumped out of bed and hugged me. They acted like I'd been gone for 15 days instead of 15 hours. Kinda makes a mom feel good.
  • I really hope I don't have to drive anywhere too far for a few days. Driving is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment